The Following Terms and Conditions apply to Ocean Media Group and all associated group companies (including but not limited to),
1) Ocean Media Group Ltd.
2) Ocean Media Exhibitions Ltd.
3) Ocean Media Events Ltd.
4) Venue and Events Ltd.
Delegate Terms and Conditions
This version: May 2021
These Terms and Conditions are between Ocean Media Group Ltd (“Ocean Media”) and the person who completes the relevant booking form (“You”) for the Ocean Media Event as described in the booking form (“Event”).
Registered Office: Ocean Media Group Ltd, 3rd Floor, 4 Harbour Exchange Square, Isle of Dogs, London, E14 9GE. Registered No: 01680420.
Confirmation of bookings
- All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by Ocean Media, which will be confirmed in writing (by e-mail) after Ocean Media has received the booking details via our online platform
- Once Ocean Media have confirmed your booking in writing there shall be a legally binding contract between yourself and Ocean Media and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- At the time of booking you may be required to pay a fee and there may be additional information required by Ocean Media.
- Ocean Media reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
- Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication and mean the fees payable to Ocean Media in connection with this contract.
- Ocean Media reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by Ocean Media and paid by you. In the event that fees have not been paid at time of the acceptance of the booking then any increases in fees will apply to the booking.
- The Fees are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form payable by BACS or debit/credit card. In the event that the fee is not paid you will still be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge that Ocean Media cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
- The Fees include:
(i) For conference delegates: one place at the Event and Event materials.
(ii) For awards dinner delegates: one place at the awards dinner, refreshments, dinner and Event materials.
- The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
- Delegate places cannot be shared.
- Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ the current rate of 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable. In the event that the rate of VAT changes you will be liable to pay the current rate at the time of the change.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
- Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for Ocean Media to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
- Cancellations have to be made in writing. If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact Ocean Media as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at email@example.com. Ocean Media may at its absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided that Ocean Media has received the details of such substitute) or allow You to attend the next available Event.
- If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as, which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs Ocean Media will incur as a result of cancellation:
Written notice received by us
% of Fee to be charged
More than 40 days prior to the first day of the event
More than 28 days prior to -- but within 40 days of -- the first day of the Event
Within 28 days to the first day of the Event
- The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number).
- To guarantee admission, payment must be received prior to the event.
- Ocean Media may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid. You agree that Ocean Media’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and Ocean Media will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss including accommodation or travel expenses but not limited to these and incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
- Ocean Media reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms which would (in the reasonable opinion of Ocean Media) expose Ocean Media or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
- If the event is abandoned, cancelled or suspended in whole or in part by reason of war, fire, national emergency, labour dispute, strike, lock-out, civil disturbance, inevitable accident, the non-availability of the event premises, or any other cause not within the control of the Organisers, whether ejusdem generis or not, the Organisers may at their entire discretion repay the fee paid by You, or part thereof, but shall be under no obligation to repay the whole or part of such fee and shall be under no liability to You in respect of any actions, claims, losses (including consequential losses), costs or expenses whatsoever which may be brought against or suffered or incurred by You as the result of such cancellation. If the event is cancelled for any cause within the control of the Organisers the Organisers’ liability to You shall be limited to the repayment of any fee or instalment thereof already paid to the Organisers by or on Your behalf .
Your attendance at the Event
- Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
- Ocean Media reserves the right, without any liability, and without prior notice to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in Ocean Media’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance, or annoyance to the running of the Event.
- You are only permitted to take photographs at the Event, for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings at the event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw consent at any time either before or during the event.
- You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit Ocean Media, or any third party licensed by Ocean Media, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform Ocean Media if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
- You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ocean Media shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by Ocean Media’s negligence.
- Materials distributed by or on behalf of Ocean Media at an Event may not be reproduced without Ocean Media’s written permission. Ocean Media Liability
- Views expressed by speakers are their own and Ocean Media disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ocean Media shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- Ocean Media may provide a delegate list to contracted sponsors at the event which may include redacted data fields (such as seniority and company name). If you do not wish to have your details published within the delegate list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Delegates who register for the online attendee directory acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the delegate list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
- We may also share some of these details with our event sponsors or exhibitors to be used for their direct marketing activities, but only with your permission. When accessing specific content that has been sponsored by another organisation, we will also ask you to complete a short form requesting your permission to share your details with the sponsor. We will share basic work contact details and some of the other information you provided when you created your account, or collected subsequently when accessing the specific content. We will always provide a link to the sponsor’s full privacy notice so you are fully aware of how they will process your personal data. Sharing your details with the content sponsor is always your choice and you will always be provided with a clear opportunity to indicate if you would prefer us not to share this information.
- We respect your privacy and recognise the importance of securing and protecting all data and the privacy of certain basic personally identifiable data, such as contact information and demographic information. Any personal information you provide to us in this regard, including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of Ocean Media Group except as noted here.
- These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between You and Ocean Media.
- If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision omitted.
- Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them by Ocean Media.
- Except as set out in these Terms and Conditions no variation of the contract including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is agreed in writing and signed by us.
- A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
- This contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Nothing in this clause shall limit Ocean Media’s right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
- Ocean Media will not be liable to you as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under the Contract as a result of a Force Majeure event. Force Majeure means any event beyond our reasonable control.
- If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact email@example.com
- Any notice or communication to Ocean Media will be sent by prepaid first class post to Ocean Media’s registered address.
- These terms and conditions were published in August 2020 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.
Notwithstanding anything contained within our standard Terms & Conditions, in the unlikely event that the conference and/or awards are cancelled due to continued Covid-19 restrictions, Ocean Media will credit you in full for the contract amount herein and this credit can be applied to any other Ocean Media products during 2021 or 2022 and any unused credits will expire on 31 December 2022.
Virtual Event Format
In addition to the above, the below terms and Condition are applicable to the virtual event format.
- Each booking for the Event is for a single user only, except for instances where a group package is purchased. You are responsible for all use made of the Event website by You or anyone accessing the Event website using the access link sent to You.
- The Event is a web-based event which can be accessed through desktop or mobile devices using the link provided in the confirmation email sent to You. The Event can be accessed live or, where practicable, for a limited time after the Event has taken place.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that You have the necessary desktop or mobile equipment and internet connection for accessing the Event.
- You are not permitted to make your own video or audio recordings of the Event, or use any photographs or screenshots of the Event for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Ocean Media. Materials distributed by or on behalf of Ocean Media in connection with an Event may not be reproduced without Ocean Media’s permission.
User Generated Content
- The Event website may allow for questions to be posted to Event speakers and for other forms of user generated content ("UGC"). Ocean Media does not guarantee that all questions posted during an Event will be answered.
- If you post any UGC on the Event website, you are granting Ocean Media a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. This means that you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use any UGC you publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to you. You also waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the UGC.
- You must not post, link to, or otherwise publish any UGC that:
- is not your own original work;
- is threatening, offensive, libellous, indecent or otherwise unlawful;
- containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication;
- is discriminatory in nature for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age; or
- personally attacks any Event speaker or any other individual participating in the Event.
- You must not post comments that are discriminatory in nature, for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.