Senior Sales Executive; Subscriptions
Company & Role Overview:
Ocean Media Group is a dynamic and progressive organisation, creating services that help our customers succeed and in turn drive our growth. We hold the number one live events and digital brands in all the markets we serve and are on an ambitious and exciting growth trajectory. Our innovative approach, delivered expertly through our market-leading brands, creates highly engaged and loyal audiences.
The Senior Subscriptions Sales Executive will work, along with the Marketing Manager – Subscriptions, on the tactical planning and implementation of the subscriptions sales strategy. This hands-on role will lead and mentor the Subscriptions Sales Executives in selling subscriptions to 2 B2B titles; Inside Housing and Social Housing magazine, targeting corporate size companies around the UK.
The ideal candidate will be meticulous with detail and strategy and will have an account management or business development background.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Outbound sales calls to existing and prospective corporate clients across our core housing and related sectors
- Selling digital and print subscriptions within each organization
- Using a range of customer insight to support growth in sales efforts, Inbound response handling from prospective clients ensuring sales enquiries are maximized
- Implement lead generation strategies to support healthy sales pipeline. Leads would be sourced both independently and with support from the Marketing Manager; Subscriptions
- Arranging face-to-face meetings with prospective clients
- Managing ongoing relationships with existing corporate customers, ensuring clients have the optimal package for their requirements
- Ensure quarterly contact is maintained with all clients by telephone or face-to face meeting Increase number of subscriptions each client has throughout the year by interpreting relevant data to determine opportunity
- Renew and increase subscriptions at relevant time in subscription lifecycle
- Aim to generate multiyear deals at point of new business and renewal
Strategy Planning and Analysis
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the subscriptions sales strategy to maintain a healthy pipeline, convert prospects and to grow existing accounts
- Assisting in the short and long term evaluation of the strategy to evolve it where necessary
- Using the data and client insight provided as well as all other tools and resources available to identify new opportunities
- Assessing, monitoring and improving sales efficiency by conducting regular analysis of KPI’s and reporting on sales results to elevate success
- Monitoring and tracking lead sources to assist the Marketing Manager- Subscriptions in determining the most effective campaigns
- Producing a circulating subscriptions sales reports
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviours
- This is a hands-on role, and would suit a personable and entrepreneurial person with at least 3 years’ experience selling high-value B2B sales within a media role, securing repeat renewals as well as managing existing business / clients.
- Demonstrable experience in achieving sales KPIs
- Knowledge of sales fundamentals including lead generation, pipeline management, closing techniques
- Entrepreneurial with a problem solving mentality
- Positive can-do attitude with a driven and persistent nature
- Motivation to work independently and closely with colleagues
- Experience leading a team is desired but not essential