Front End Developer
Take your opportunity to join the Digital team within our dynamic and progressive organisation. You’ll share our passion for putting our customers first and you’ll have first-hand experience in helping us bring our values to life and lead our markets to a better future. Most of all you’ll join an innovative team who truly believe that Together We Succeed.
This next step in your developer career provides an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a team responsible for the development of websites, email, mobile, and digital advertisement formats for use across all portfolios and media properties within Ocean.
With its base in the buzzing commercial hub of Canary Wharf, Ocean Media is both well-established and strongly position for substantial growth. Ambitious, innovative, entrepreneurial and fun, the group is full of leading titles in its two key markets: Housing and Bridal/Weddings spanning events, publications and data services.
You’ll work specifically within the Digital Production division, working to deliver an exceptional service to our customers. Your role will include:
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Digital Product Manager.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments
- Contributing to documentation: instructional, pitch and technical specification
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Supporting and delivering technical requirements of the business for any digital related work
The skills and experience required for this position include:
- Excellent HTML, HTML5, XHTML, CSS/3 programming skills
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Some experience in AJAX techniques
- Knowledge and ability to implement UX/UI and accessibility best practises wherever possible
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Knowledge of api integrations
- Experience of developing HTML Email templates and integrating best practice
- Mobile first/responsive design best practice
- Video editing skills desirable
- Good interpersonal and strong communication skills (working with internal stakeholders and external suppliers)
- Ability to interrogate briefs and offer potential ideas
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (including WordPress)
- Understanding of backend languages (PHP, Coldfusion is not required but a knowledge would be beneficial)
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Thorough knowledge of design tools incl, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Ability to take a PSD/mock or concept and turn it into a working experience.
- Experience in creating exciting experiences on the desktop, iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices that conform to W3C standards.
- Design capabilities would be highly advantageous
- Ability to create design and interpret to HTML highly desirable
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other tracking software a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, effectively manage priorities and communicate progress.
- Fresh ideas and diversity in style.
- Ability to work in team environment.
In recognition of our talented people and as a thank you for the hard work they do, we are committed to offering:
- Season ticket loans
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym memberships
- Optional health care scheme
- Annual Christmas and Summer parties
- An additional day’s annual leave to be taken for birthdays
- Development and training
- Social commitments and people perks
- Bike2Work scheme
To start your Ocean Journey, click ‘apply now’