Exhibition Sales Executive; Trade Shows
Company & Role Overview:
Ocean Media Group is a dynamic and progressive organisation, creating services that help our customers succeed and in turn drive our growth. We hold the number one live events and digital brands in all the markets we serve and are on an ambitious and exciting growth trajectory. Our innovative approach, delivered expertly through our market-leading brands, creates highly engaged and loyal audiences.
Reporting into the Group Show Manager for the Venues + Events Live shows, we are seeking a highly motivated Exhibition Sales Manager with a passion for selling to new prospects and managing key client accounts. The role will be working on the existing V+E Live portfolio, as well as focusing on an exciting new launch event.
The Right Candidate:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in an exhibition / media sales role
- Strong sales portfolio showing a consistent history of attaining and exceeding of sales targets and revenues
- Fluency in English, not spoken and written, is essential.
- Experience generating new business, securing repeat and managing existing business
- Strong communicator with exceptional f2f and telesales skills
- Must have an ‘eye for detail’ and proven attention to detail.
- Confident, outgoing personality
Though the role is office based it will be necessary to travel and stay overnight at various locations across the UK for client meetings and throughout the shows.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Selling exhibition space and sponsorship packages over the telephone.
- Face to face sales presentations with clients and agencies.
- Achieving and exceeding team and individual sales targets set and explained by the Sales Manager.
- Generating exhibition stand sales from an extensive client database, and cold calls. Keep the client management system accurately up to date with new sales leads.
- Effectively manage specific categories across the shows and current client-base. Grow these categories in line with overall show targets.
- Contribute ideas and develop opportunities that will assist in the growth of the business.
Skills & Competencies:
- A love for selling and a skill for new business
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone and face to face manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent sales and organisational skills
- Good level of business acumen/credibility face to face
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player
Financial Management and Reporting:
- Maintaining accurate records of sales process activity in Elan and reporting as required
- Providing weekly sales reports and pipelines
Attitude and Behaviours:
- Well presented & highly articulate
- Resourceful and tenacious
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Energetic, enthusiastic, confident, and self-motivated
- Hard working and honest with a ‘can do attitude’