Commercial Manager - HOMES UK
Company & Role Overview:
Ocean Media Group is a dynamic and progressive organisation, creating services that help our customers succeed and in turn drive our growth. We hold the number one live events and digital brands in all the markets we serve and are on an ambitious and exciting growth trajectory. Our innovative approach, delivered expertly through our market-leading brands, creates highly engaged and loyal audiences.
Reporting in to the Event Director for HOMES UK, we are seeking a dedicated and experienced Commercial Manager to lead on new business exhibition sales for the 2019 campaign, in this transformational year for the event.
In 2019, HOMES UK will be moving to Excel and Ocean Media Group will be repositioning the event to focus on the entire residential construction market. The event is seeing significant investment to achieve this and this exciting position is a growth role to ensure the long term success of the event.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the delivery of new business for the exhibition of the 2019 cycle of HOMES UK. This individual will need to lead by example as they will join an already established but junior team, with rapid progression offered to the right candidate.
The ideal candidate should have 3 solid years of business to business exhibition sales experience, alongside excellent lead generation, pipeline management and communication skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of the market basics to enable identification of potential leads
- Stay up to date with industry developments and trends
- Identify the key decision maker/ makers/ the decision making process per client
- Understand what a client does and where they fit into the supply chain before making contact
- Identify and research new growth areas
- Successfully source potential new business
- Work to a prospecting schedule
- Generate leads independently
- Prepare and execute a comprehensive sales plan to achieve personal targets
- Adhere and respond to a sales plan to achieve group targets
- Manage time to complete all responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain positive relationships with clients
- Keep the entire team informed of activity an within whole team and individual meetings
- Gather information for lead follow up
- Respond to customer requests promptly with the appropriate course of action and providing the best quality information
- Keep accurate sales records
- Write effective, literate sales documents
- Consistently achieve the company minimum call rate
- Maintain accurate pipeline records, at all times reflecting a three month view of deals closing
- Ensure that every opportunity on the pipeline is properly qualified and achieves the minimum qualification criteria
- Be confident and accustomed to selling exhibition space at rate card
- Consistently achieve at least 8 new business client meetings per month.
- Complete, balanced diary management
- Create adequate urgency to close new deals in a timely fashion
Whilst this role focuses on 100% new business from the outset, the candidate will account manage any new clients that they bring on board, building a successful portfolio of brands under their management
- Communicate with clients regularly about updates to the event
- Take responsibility for growth of accounts annually
- Develop and recommend new and innovative ideas for existing customers
Knowledge, skills, attitude and behaviour:
- A successful track record of hitting new business targets
- Commercially aware
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Solid understanding of how large-scale exhibitions work
- Literate and numerate with good written and verbal communication
- High level analytical skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, confident, and self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player
- Hard working and honest with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and work comfortably under pressure
- Good negotiator with ability to successfully deal with objections and close
Whilst this role does not initially come with team management responsibilities, this is an area that the right candidate could move into.